Wednesday, June 20, 2007

As parents, the need to teach children how to cook may not seem very important when they are at young age. With modern life style and the abundent sup

Unfortunately, it’s not everyday that I get a CD from an artist that I can just pop in and comfortably listen to from beginning to end. There is usually a song or two that I just can’t force myself to get through. Not at all the case with Breakaway. Every track is enjoyable and was pretty easy for me to listen to from start to finish.

Kelly Clarkson is one of those musicians that has the ability to just win you over with her talent. The kind of artist it’s really a treat to be able to listen to.

Breakaway has a pleasantly varied, mix of 12 tracks that are very well written songs by this clearly talented artist. With many of the songs displaying a lot of the kind emotion that makes for a really great listen. Clearly drawing from what I can only imagine are her own real life experiences. At different points touching on the most real emotions like love, heartbreak, pain, failed relationships and unattainable romance. They’re all here.

Overall Breakaway is an outstanding release. What I call must have music. I give it two thumbs up and is most definitely a worthy addition to any Pop collection. Truly an outstanding Pop CD. One of those that is completely void of any wasted time, as each track is simply superb.

While this entire album is outstanding the truly standout tunes are track 2 - Since U Been Gone, track 3 - Behind Those Hazel Eyes, and track 10 - I Hate Myself For Losing You.

My SmoothLee Bonus Pick, and the one that got Sore [...as in "Stuck On REpeat"] is track 7 - Where Is Your Heart. What a nice track!

No comments: